[haiku-depot-web] Re: Introduction article

  • From: Ingo Weinhold <ingo_weinhold@xxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-depot-web@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 02 Sep 2014 09:55:53 +0200

On 01.09.2014 15:43, Stephan Aßmus wrote:
Am 31.08.2014 13:56, schrieb Andrew Lindesay:
Listing "source" packages is more tricky because there's no proper
notion of "latest".  For example, for "x86_gcc2", the latest GCC sources
are 2.x and for "x86" the latest is 4.x.  I'd suggest that listing
source packages might not be a good idea -- maybe you (and I) would be
better to check for the presence of a corresponding source package when
somebody views a given actual binary package and indicate that sources
are available on the package detail view.  What are your thoughts on
that?

It sounds good to me, but I would like to hear thoughts from Ingo or
Oliver on that.

Sounds good to me as well, though admittedly I haven't really thought about how I would want to work with source packages in HaikuDepot or the web app.

CU, Ingo