[guidedogchat] Re: free run

  • From: "Louise Johnson" <herclouise@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <guidedogchat@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 6 Feb 2014 12:17:25 -0800

Hi I do agree that the schools should do more off leash training.  I was
lucky with Hawk his puppy raiser is a person who has raised a few puppies
and he works with puppies off leash training as a puppy.  He works with
recall with them and I have enjoyed it he showed me where to start with it
in the house and playing.  If you want to show your dog good ways to play
when playing toss you tell your dog to sit and wait and then toss the toy
and make them sit until they are com and then tell them to go and get the
toy and bring it back to you.  If you have a dog like Hawk he has a hard
time sitting there but guess what after a few times doing this the dog is
more com and then gets happy to do as you tell them as I learned with Hawk
and he thinks this is a game and recall can be different games and each dog
does react differently to this and I find if his favorite person is around
he has a harder time listening so I have used this when it is just me and
Hawk and everyone is busy and I find we are better for this.

From Black Hawk

From: "Don Marr"
To: guidedogchat@xxxxxxxxxxxxx <mailto:guidedogchat@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>

I'd never let my dog off leash, we were told never to do it, even with a
fenced in yard, so i don't, he doesn't like to run anyway, Don

From: "Debbie Palmer"
To: guidedogchat@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
<http://email10.orange.co.uk/webmail/en_GB/java-script:_e%28%7B%7D,%27cvml%2
7,%27guidedogchat@xxxxxxxxxxxxx%27%29;>

Hi I was told at least once a week for Pearl but due to the weather and not
having anyone to go with very often she doesn't have that many.

Debbie and Pearl

--
Doug Parisian
4-951 Westminster ave