[guidedogchat] Re: free run

  • From: "J Kimbell" <whitetiger62@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <guidedogchat@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 9 Apr 2002 09:47:52 +0100

Here in the UK, we are advised not to free run our dogs more than once a week. The thinking is so that dogs dont become fixated on free runs and I can identify with that one as my last guide dog was awful,as I took him for a run every day which I think was the cause of things going wrong for us. I was also told not to free run Wren locally, on a route we walk regularly, and I've found out from experience why, as she willt hen expect to go running and play me up. She's not had one in a long time as I have to wait for hubb y to be willing to take us. But we have a garden which isnt huge but she can bounce round that and often chooses to come out with me when I tend my guinea pigs. But she is very trim and her weight is good, so I dont worry, except I enjoy the free runs too, to amble thru the fields while Wren lets off steam. Hopefully whent he better weather comes hubby will get off his arse and go with us.

Julia

----- Original Message ----- From: "pam" <pamyoung80@xxxxxxxxx>