[guidedogchat] Re: free run

  • From: Doug Parisian <eggmann@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: guidedogchat@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 4 Feb 2014 17:43:59 -0600

Stephanie, if you have a fenced yard and your dog is free in that yard, that is to me a reasonable free run. I would strongly suggest ensuring your fence is secure, that you are out with your dog, and have your gates springed so they close securely automatically.

The only down side if you have no sighted help is that, most dogs, even if they have relieved themselves previous to "free play,"will likely leave occasional poops. I unfortunately hit a few I missed (knowing poopy's favourite spots) on a 90 degree day while running my rear bagging lawn mower. Wow, talk about raising a big stink!

On 04/02/2014 5:04 PM, Stephanie wrote:
I'd be interested in this topic. I'll probably get flamed for this, but it's
been about 6 months. I don't have anyone to go with, and I take her for about 3
walks a day, plus she gets time to go out side in our yard. I'd like to know
how you do a free run with out some one with you?
Steph