[guidedogchat] Re: free run

  • From: Doug Parisian <eggmann@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: guidedogchat@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 4 Feb 2014 17:38:32 -0600

I was also told the same thing by TSI on first attending in 1977 so I did it anyway and found all my dogs much healthier and happier for free stretch and run time. Of course, at the time, I owned a house and built a completely enclosed five foot high fence with both gates being heavily spring-loaded so that they always closed tightly. I made sure I was outside with my dogs except for very occasional short periods.

The TSI policy has since changed and the last time I was there thirteen years ago, they actually had a rough free run area which I understand has been considerably enhanced. After a two year break for health reasons, I'm looking forward to dog number six, hopefully within the next six months.

Still barking up the right tree!

On 04/02/2014 4:41 PM, Don Marr wrote:
I'd never let my dog off leash, we were told never to do it, even with a fenced in yard, so i don't, he doesn't like to run anyway, Don

            From: "Debbie Palmer"
            To: guidedogchat@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
            <javascript:_e(%7B%7D,'cvml','guidedogchat@xxxxxxxxxxxxx');>

            Hi I was told at least once a week for Pearl but due to
            the weather and not
            having anyone to go with very often she doesn't have that
            many.

            Debbie and Pearl

--
Doug Parisian