[gmpi] Re: Decision Time: 7.1.1

  • From: RonKuper@xxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: gmpi@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 10 Jun 2003 12:35:06 -0400

Works for me.

-----Original Message-----
From: Chris Grigg [mailto:gmpi-public@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Tuesday, June 10, 2003 11:25 AM
To: gmpi@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [gmpi] Re: Decision Time: 7.1.1

We seem to be at an impasse once again, regarding interleave.

As a way to move forward, could the group possibly agree to this language?:

     "Support for interleaved audio buffers will be included
     if and only if,
     and only in cases where,
     sufficient net performance gains
     can be demonstrated."

It cuts to the heart of the justification, and by leaving the
definition of 'sufficient net performance gains' open for now, it
allows the group to move on to consider other topics while the
information is being gathered.  If the gains cannot be demonstrated,
interleave is dropped.

Is anyone arguing that even significant performance gains would not
justify interleave?

I'm in favor of the language quoted above.  Who's with me?

        -- Chris G.