[gmpi] Re: Decision Time: 7.1.1

  • From: Tim Hockin <thockin@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: gmpi@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 9 Jun 2003 23:33:38 -0700 (PDT)

> Prediction: many hosts wont support this, so only a handful of plugins
> will at the start, so 2nd gen hosts wont at all, so 3rd gen plugins wont
> at all.

With this, I agree.  But I want to get to some form of decisions in THIS
lifetime.

How about this as an alternative:  For GMPI v1.0 all plugins must support
mono (non-interleaved) streams.

We make it known that for GMPI v1.1 there is a proposal to add an "I prefer
interleaved data" flag.

IFF developers clamor for interleaved capabilities, we can add them to v1.1?

Afterall, not EVERYTHING can be in version 1.0, or it will never ship.  It
sounds to me like this is a 1.1 or 2.0 feature.

Tim