[gmpi] Re: Decision Time: 7.1.1

  • From: "Angus F. Hewlett" <amulet@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: gmpi@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 10 Jun 2003 08:17:59 -0400 (EDT)

On Mon, 9 Jun 2003, Tim Hockin wrote:

> > Prediction: many hosts wont support this, so only a handful of plugins
> > will at the start, so 2nd gen hosts wont at all, so 3rd gen plugins wont
> > at all.

> With this, I agree.  But I want to get to some form of decisions in THIS
> lifetime.
>
> How about this as an alternative:  For GMPI v1.0 all plugins must support
> mono (non-interleaved) streams.

OK with me; there is a risk of course that interleaved will end up getting
"designed out", but if that happens and cannot be worked around it in some
ways suggests that the case FOR interleaved was not that strong to begin
with. Having said that, it should be the sort of thing that's easy to
test and argue for/against from a more informed perspective once we have a
working GMPI 1.0 environment.

Regards,
        Angus.