[gmpi] Re: Decision Time: 7.1.1

  • From: RonKuper@xxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: gmpi@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 10 Jun 2003 09:41:11 -0400

ha ! very strange points. If Cakewalk is not able (because time, resource,
money, policy , strategy or whatever) to follow a common plug-in
architecture, imagine the other companies !! imagines the third parties
plug-ins makers !!! Imagine the companies who build hardware based
audioworkstation !!!
<<<

We want to follow a common plug-in architecture, and are totally able
time/resource/strategy-wise to do so.

But we also need to be realistic.  Adoption will take time, so we need to
continue to support what's in the field.  There's a big difference between
what we support and what we encourage/prefer.  Today we support VST but
prefer DX.  Perhaps in 2 years we'll support VST/DX but prefer GMPI.

What I'm bringing to the table, for the common architecture, is a request to
retain interleaved processing.  Not a requirement that plugins support,
merely a request that we allow it.

so why discussing finally !? and what is the exact goal of this GMPI group
!? working for free for CakeWalk !?
<<<

The goal of this group is to develop a common standard that's good for all
of us.