[gmpi] Re: Decision Time: 7.1.1

  • From: "Vincent Burel" <vincent.burel@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <gmpi@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 10 Jun 2003 12:10:34 +0200

----- Original Message -----
From: "Chris Grigg" <gmpi-public@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: <gmpi@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Tuesday, June 10, 2003 9:52 AM
Subject: [gmpi] Re: Decision Time: 7.1.1

> Not sure comparing interleaving with run_adding() isn't apples &
> oranges... so Steve, can you address Ron's previous claims about
> performance gains that interleaving makes possible?  If he's correct

Interleaving buffer becomes a problem when there is many channels. And for
MultiBuses processing it's very boring to make the routing with interleaved
stereo, 3: 1 5:1 7:1 strips.

> BTW, my suggestion is offered mainly to try to help find an
> accommodation between the disagreeing parties, as I don't have a dog
> in the interleaving race.  This kind of compromise-finding is often
> necessary when developing public standards, because different people
> see the issues differently, validly, and no single person is entitled
> to control the whole thing.

The less the programmeur has the choice , the better he programs , the less
is lose time to think about the method , and the fastest he finalyzes his
product in a reliable way.

Vincent Burel