[gmpi] Re: Decision Time: 7.1.1

  • From: "David Miller (MULTIMEDIA)" <davmil@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <gmpi@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 10 Jun 2003 09:35:08 -0700

The only real argument I can see for supporting interleaved natively is
if a plugin does hardware acceleration.  Nearly all hardware deals
pretty much exclusively with interleaved data, so anything that does
hardware accel would have to interleave/de-interleave to send to the
hardware if only mono buffers are supported.

If we don't care about hardware, then I would vote for strictly mono
buffers.