[gmpi] Re: 3.14 UIs

  • From: "Jeff McClintock" <jeffmcc@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <gmpi@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 29 May 2004 13:15:18 +1200

> I was wondering whether we could treat this section in a way that
> preserves the possibility for cleanly introducing a crossplat GUI
> framework at GMPI 2.0.

I think that if we define the API between Host and GUI purely in terms of
getting/setting parameters.  Then we are free to introduce cross-platform
graphics at any time (even before GMPI 2.0).

If the host just provides an empty window, we can 'drop in' any graphics
routine we like, any time.

Hmm, just noticed VST GUI is open source.  Mayby we could adapt it *evil
laugh*.....that would save a LOT of time.

Jeff