[gmpi] Re: 3.14 UIs

  • From: "Jeff McClintock" <jeffmcc@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <gmpi@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 30 May 2004 10:46:43 +1200

>There are a number of GUI toolkits that are cross-platform and that have
been proved to work for the purpose of making plugin GUIs, e.g. FLTK.

Yeah, why don't we just provide the support to run a toolkit ( any
toolkit ).

From: Jeff McClintock jeffmcc@xxxxxxxxxx
Date: Sat, 29 May 2004 12:33:27 +1200
To: gmpi@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

> > Why "GMPI can not provide a UI toolkit as part of it's cross platform
> > capabilities."?
>
> I thought we had all agreed that this was just TOO MUCH for GMPI 1.

 I'm wary of attempting a cross-platform framework, possibly a bigger task
than GMPI itself.  Plus, due to the inevitable compromises, not everyone
will use it.

Perhaps like VST, we make cross-platform graphics a seperate project? (like
VST GUI).  VST itself provides only minimal graphics support "here's a
window, draw in it".

Best Regards,
Jeff

http://mail2web.com/ .