[gmpi] Re: 3.14 UIs

  • From: "gogins@xxxxxxxxxxxx" <gogins@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: gmpi@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 1 Jun 2004 17:21:14 -0400

In what sense does FLTK (or substitute your favorite already existing
cross-platform GUI toolkit here) not meet this need?

It seems to me the only thing GMPI has to do is what the VST GUI does: give
the plugin developer a native window handle. FLTK, for example, makes it
easy enough to make the plugin GUI the only child of that window, filling
it completely.

Or the host can give the plugin the parent window handle and a region to
paint in - the plugin can attach a child window, do raw painting, use
OpenGL, or whatever.