[GeoStL] Archive this geocache?

  • From: Know Future <know_future@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: geocaching@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 20 Aug 2005 21:11:31 -0500

Last week Geo Jim described a tense encounter with an unfriendly
landowner while hunting the Chapman's Ball (GCKBKH) geocache. I was
surprised at the lack of comments in this forum. My question is this:
given the possibility that future visitors could be subjected to verbal
abuse and even physical violence, doesn't it seem prudent to consider
archiving this cache? I'd like to hear your thoughts.

Know Future

August 7 by Geo Jim (949 found)
"Pretty easy find and a nice peaceful place. Thanks for the cache!
One of the local landowners came by and told me how he doesn't much care
for hunters on his land, people drinking back there and "geo-catchers". I
just nodded and said, "Yeah.." at the right times. And thought of
"Deliverance" as I tried to hide my 'Geocaching 101' tee shirt.."

Note: this doesn't begin to describe the incident -- KF

JURA BAR QBBE PYBFRF NABGURE QBBE BCRAF