[GeoStL] Map related: Rock and Mineral Show at Queeny Park this weekend

  • From: "Susan Ring" <susanmring@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <geocaching@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 19 Aug 2005 14:59:17 -0500

The USGS has a booth at the National  Rock, Mineral and Fossil Show this
weekend at the Greensfelder Center at Queeny Park.  The have a lot of
interesting handouts on topo maps, GIS, map projections, etc, as well as
material on the Lewis and Clark Journey.

There are many displays of both local and exotic minerals and fossils, as
well as tons of stuff for sale (from less than $1 to $$$$).  All in all
pretty educational.  And air conditioning :-)

Adult admission is $5, don't know about kids. Show runs today till 8,
tomorrow 10-6 and Sunday 11-5.

I told the USGS guy I'd give them a plug.  Thunder Monk, his name was Larry,
I forgot his last name, he works in the Rolla office.

Susan