[GeoStL] Re: Archive this geocache?

  • From: "tklnhl" <sydstyr@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <geocaching@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 21 Aug 2005 00:35:27 -0500

I think the cache should be archived. No point in sending strangers into even
stranger situations. That "anti-cacher" sounds like someone who might just stew
over something like this and be come less and less cordial as he encounters
even more people.  There have to be plenty of other places to put a cache in
the area.  As a cacher you have to put a certan amount of trust into the hands
of strangers -- to trust they have something fun to show you and not try to get
you smacked around a bit    lol.. After that, I'd tend not to trust caches
placed that person.

Actually, we found one yesterday in Spearfish, SD that we think should be
archived/moved or something. Found cache on one end of the bridge, crackpipe
and crack on the other.  Now THAT'S a cache ..  I sent an email to the cache
owner and haven't heard back yet. the logs for that cache indicate someone
found a stash of pot at the end of July. We're fairly sure what we found was
NOT pot .. The logs also indicate the cache keeps disappearing. Wonder why??

We've encountered several on this week's trip where said, "Oh right like
there's permission to place cache HERE."

We've gained even more appreciation for SLAGA area caches after caching this
week, When even *I* have a hard time coming up with a chatty, appreciative log
-- you know they must be uninspired.
Nancy