Re: [foxboro] CP60 will not boot

  • From: "Jim Kahlden" <James.Kahlden@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: <foxboro@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 14 Sep 2005 11:15:14 -0500

David,

Here is the link to the CP Troubleshooting Guide on the CSC website.

http://ips.csc.invensys.com/frametsguide.asp?body=/content/tsguides/CP_boot/cp_boot.htm

Jim Kahlden
System Reliability Analyst
Lower Colorado River Authority
Fayette Power Project
6549 Power Plant Road
La Grange, TX 78945
(979) 249-8514 (Ph)
(979) 249-8390 (Fax)
jim.kahlden@xxxxxxxx
>>> drjohn@xxxxxxxxxx 9/14/2005 9:45:32 AM >>>
Thanks to everyone, but no luck yet.

Terry,
CP download is enabled.
Russ,
copied to BBXXXXXX.UC to DBXXXXXX.UC no luck
copied DBXXXXXX.init to DBXXXXXX.UC no luck.
put original DBXXXXXX.UC back.

All of the files pointed to look OK.

Angel,
looking for troubleshooting guide on TAC website.
Haven't found it yet.

Here's a better description of the problem.
AW51F is hosting this one CP only.
DNBT connects AW51F to rack with only DNBT and CP60 in the rack.
DNBT link light is green.
DNBT NODEBUS light will flash one time when the CP is reset (or push
pulled) then no more on that side.
DNBT TP Activity light flashes periodically (every 5 to 10 seconds)

Everything was communicating and working yesterday when I rebooted the AW,
(waited for it to come back up, and online), then rebooted the CP60. At
that point I got stuck. Letterbug is correct and appears to be correctly
inserted, no bent pins. The CP has successfully rebooted in this
configuration about a week ago on a power outage. I have not made any
sysdef or image changes.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
David