[softwarelist] Re: OPW - PDF - Printing

  • From: David Pilling <flist@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: davidpilling@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 3 Dec 2008 18:02:43 +0000

In message <4936BBFD.5050303@xxxxxxxx>, Clive Bonsall <cbonsall@xxxxxxx> writes

OK, the 13th. November version of OP generates correct PostScript, the couple of versions preceding that default overprint to true (and will exhibit the problem seen), all versions further back default overprint to false.

I'm sorry about this, when I was working on adding the overprint code I assumed that it was OK to change the default value, because it would not affect anything. Thanks to your example I now know better, the original default of false was correct.

From the 13th. November version overprint in PostScript follows the settings of overprint in the document. It is a useful new feature, but I'd be sympathetic if anyone wanted a button to turn it off.