[softwarelist] Re: OPW - PDF - Printing

  • From: David Pilling <flist@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: davidpilling@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 3 Dec 2008 18:39:42 +0000

In message <op.ullmlpbg7kyep4@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, Clive Bonsall <cbonsall@xxxxxxx> writes

No problem. I'm glad I spotted it before shipping everything to the publisher.

<shudder>

Just to be clear, what should the setting be to give me the desired result -- overprint ON or OFF?

Overprint should be off (which implies knock out on) - so that white text knocks out whatever is behind it.

Bearing in mind that overprint can be set at colour and object/text level.

I think overprint defaults (in documents not PostScript) to off, so there should not be a problem.