[softwarelist] Re: OPW - PDF - Printing

  • From: Clive Bonsall <cbonsall@xxxxxxx>
  • To: davidpilling@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 02 Dec 2008 12:52:46 +0000

David Pilling wrote:
In message <hi3SR7AcVSNJFwx3@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, David Pilling <flist@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> writes
In message <49351773.8050701@xxxxxxxx>, Clive Bonsall <cbonsall@xxxxxxx> writes
MY QUESTION IS ... what could be the cause of the problem when outputting the PDF to a PS printer? Is the same likely to happen when the PDF is printed commercially?

Another thought, how is the PS printer set up to handle errors.

Don't know, but will try to find out.

A correction to what I said earlier re. problem #2 ...

The white letter is not in a text box with a grey background. It is in a text box with a transparent background, in front of a smaller empty frame with a grey (50% black) background. So, the "layering" is:

Picture frame containing photo (8bpp)

Frame 6.89x6.89mm with grey fill

Text frame 9.0x9.0mm, transparent, with white letter "e" in TimesNewRoman.Italic 24pt

The reason I did it that way was because I couldn't work out how to centre exactly the letter "e" within a text frame (with a grey fill). If I knew how to do that, I could dispense with "layer 2".
--
C.B.