[softwarelist] Re: OPW - PDF - Printing

  • From: John Tytgat <John.Tytgat@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: davidpilling@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 03 Dec 2008 00:58:16 +0200

In message <49351773.8050701@xxxxxxxx> you wrote:

> Using DirectPS I generated PS files of the OPW documents in question,
> and from the PS files I generated press quality PDFs (using Acrobat
> Distiller v8).
>
> When viewed on screen, the PDFs seem fine. Printing the PDFs to my
> LaserJet 1200-series using PCL6 emulation ... again everything seems OK.
> But printing the same PDFs to a PS printer (HP LaserJet P3005 PS,
> language level 3 set in PS options) ... PROBLEMS

Do I assume it correcty that all this is done with Acrobat 8 (including the
PS printing) ? If so, then I bet that this points to a problem with the
PS interpreter in the HP LaserJet (I don't think it is an Adobe PS
interpreter but a clone one) as the PDF -> PS conversion done in Acrobat 8
is pretty good.

Nevertheless, in case you're willen to share that PDF file with me, I'm
quite willing to investigate this a little bit more.

John.
John.Tytgat@xxxxxxxx                             ARM powered, RISC OS driven