[softwarelist] Re: Age old problem

  • From: Alan Dawes <alan.dawes@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: davidpilling@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 25 Jun 2012 15:59:18 +0100

On 25 Jun, Dave Symes <dave@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> That *is* what we do now with new documents, for as much as I dislike
> Word... We can Export straight out of Word and into Calibre (I say 99.9
> percent she says 100 percent accurate).

So have you tried importing the pdf into word, editing as necessary, save
as a word doc and then export this into calibre to do the conversion to
epub?

There are several ways of importing pdfs into word eg see:

http://www.simpopdf.com/guide/how-to-import-pdf-to-word-document.html

with a free converter now available for the 2nd method from

http://www.ultimatepdfconverter.com/gb/si/?adnm=13434598365&i=s&grid=A&lg=EN&cc=GB&clg=en&c=1&d=1&cid=_54622287&kw=&mn=www.pdftowordconverter.net&Network=D&expr=&agid=_5847892143

If you are using Open Office, SUN have produced a "beta" PDF Import
Extension see:

http://extensions.services.openoffice.org/project/pdfimport

and: http://www.winportal.com/sun-pdf-import-extension/download

but that probably isn't suitable for long documents.

Alan

--
alan.dawes@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
alan.dawes@xxxxxxxxxx