[softwarelist] Re: Age old problem

  • From: Dave Symes <dave@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: davidpilling@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 24 Jun 2012 08:02:37 +0100

In article <91f5b1a252.Alan.Adams@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>,
   Alan Adams <alan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> There's a vague recollection of a setting in OPro which causes it to
> output each letter separately - something to do with proportional
> spacing?

> This would make it more difficult for software to correctly interpret
> the PDF.

Okay, so rather than use OvPro as the originator of the documents, as a
tester I've manually re-created a couple of document parts in Imp
Publisher, then using Steve's "PrintPDF" created a pdf of them.

Taken to PC and run through the two recent installs of PDF > Epub apps and
despite a couple of runs each, with different setting, all outputs of Epub
are not satisfactory, so the problem is not specifically down to OvPro.

If I can find more time to waste, I'll try the re-creation and PDF from
some other apps.
That said I don't have many goes left on the PDF > Epub demo apps.

Dave

--

Dave Triffid