[softwarelist] Re: Age old problem

  • From: Jeremy Nicoll - zf freelists <jn.fr.lsts.74@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: davidpilling@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 18 Jun 2012 22:38:28 +0100

Dave Symes <dave@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>In article <mpro.m5smnf001c8dg02m8@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>,
>   Jeremy Nicoll - zf freelists <jn.fr.lsts.74@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>[Snippy]
>
>> Why?  Because you keep saying that PDFs (created from OvPro docs) don't
>> get 'properly' converted to ePub docs.
>
> Well I would... OvPro is the app of choice I use to create documents...
> I'm hardly going to mention the documents I've NOT created in some other
> app I'm NOT using, am I?

You've lost me.  I simply assumed that one could take an OvPro document and
'print' it to produce a PDF which looks like the OvPro document would if it
was printed in any other way.

Having done that your problem is entirely in finding a PDF -> ePub converter
that works properly.   As I found two separate commercial products both
claiming 100% accuracy in that process, I just don;t understand why you
don't try them, and then if they fail, ask the companies concerned why 100%
is ... less than that.

--
Jeremy C B Nicoll - my opinions are my own