[softwarelist] Re: Age old problem

  • From: Ned Abell <nedabell@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: davidpilling@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 17 Jun 2012 09:28:58 +0100

Dave Symes" <dave@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> > Well here we are again, the same old, same old...
> >
> > I have a five page OvPro document containing text and
> > graphics, I need to convert this material into an Epub
> > file, but forget about that part as I use Calibre on a PC
> > to do all that work once I get the material out of this
> > damn RO file types problem

Ive just downloaded Calibre for Linux and its suggesting HTML
is a better format to convert from than PDF. I'll summerise
here,  the manual is at manual.calibre-ebook.com
In decreasing order of conversion:
Input Formats: CBZ, CBR, CBC, CHM, DJVU, EPUB, FB2, HTML,
HTMLZ, LIT, LRF, MOBI, ODT, PDF, PRC, PDB, PML, RB, RTF, SNB,
TCR, TXT, TXTZ
Output Formats: AZW3, EPUB, FB2, OEB, LIT, LRF, MOBI, HTMLZ,
PDB, PML, RB, PDF, RTF, SNB, TCR, TXT, TXTZ

To convert a collection of html files in an order you need a
contents.html file and read the caviats regarding file linking
orders.
HTH

--
besters..