[softwarelist] Re: Age old problem

  • From: Alan Adams <alan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: davidpilling@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 20 Jun 2012 09:15:00 +0100

In message <52a2a7ddc9dave@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
          Dave Symes <dave@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> In article <mpro.m5vl25003qnlh02k4@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>,
>    Jeremy Nicoll - zf freelists <jn.fr.lsts.74@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> [Snippy]

<snip>

> This is not an occasional error, but throughout the document.

> PDF to Epub converter, rendered the Epub exactly the same as it is
> rendered in Calibre (And a couple of other apps we tested earlier) in that
> the lines are broken at all sorts of strange places.

> Dave

There's a vague recollection of a setting in OPro which causes it to
output each letter separately - something to do with proportional
spacing?

This would make it more difficult for software to correctly interpret
the PDF.

I've just had a quick look before I have to go out - and I can't find
it. Sorry.

--
Alan Adams, from Northamptonshire
alan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx