[cryptome] Re: Buying a A New Laptop? - coreboot

  • From: Core TX <coretx@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: cryptome@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 15 Mar 2015 23:53:18 +0100

The librem-laptop contains a Intel CPU. = Spyware.
Think about how for example it's serial number is readable, and no longer
to be disabled in the bios/uefi.
This means you can't disable it in coreboot either.

Your primary solution ( x200 with coreboot ), but also contains a Intel CPU
and some shady parts that
have not undergone audits.

All that software freedom is totally useless if  you can't trust the
hardware.