[cryptome] Re: Buying a A New Laptop? - coreboot

  • From: Core TX <coretx@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: cryptome@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 16 Mar 2015 11:03:50 +0100

Loongson CPU's might not be publicly audited, but they are being used by
the Chinese government for security purposes.
This means that the 5 eyes network at least has to put a lot of energy into
hacking it.
Whereas American CPU's certainly are owned already.
Unless you are Chinese or involved with their (geo)politics, this makes
them a sensible option.