[cryptome] Re: Buying a A New Laptop? - coreboot

  • From: Shaun O'Connor <capricorn8159@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: cryptome@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 16 Mar 2015 17:06:53 +0000

better still use pen and paper for your communications , or a
typewriter,  no electromagnetic emanations to worry about then.
and as for tempest....

..... oh wait, there are long range microphones that can pick up the
clattering of your typewriter, then the recorded info can be fed through
a spectrum analyser to find the unique signature of your typing
patterns. finger pressure variations and changers in the sound of each
key pressed.  and so on and so on.

they just need a "news story" in the vicinity so that they can plant a
"reporter" nearby as cover.

https://www.eff.org/deeplinks/2014/11/when-time-comes-we-need-be-ready-fight-tpps-secret-anti-user-agenda