[cryptome] Re: Buying a A New Laptop? - coreboot

  • From: "Douglas Rankine" <douglasrankine2001@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <cryptome@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 16 Mar 2015 14:46:15 -0000

Hi Core TX,

I did like that Chinese netbook with the linux stuff on it.  I liked their
little computer as well.  Quite impressive reading all the research they have
done on it to try and make it successful for the market place.  I can see now,
that I asked a really stoopid question...Maybe the backdoor in the armour of
the chain of security is a small Chinese one...   Even the thermal noise of the
various components in a computer creates a unique identifier.    Ah Well!  Back
to the drawing board...plenty of time yet.  I think I might get meself one of
those 3 d printers and print meself a new brain... J.  Trouble will be finding
the right software for it... J.