[cryptome] Re: Buying a A New Laptop? - coreboot

  • From: Shaun O'Connor <capricorn8159@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: cryptome@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 20 Mar 2015 23:30:17 +0000

it is cases like these that demonstrate why we need privacy as of right,
and the necessary tools in order to achieve that privacy.

If children's privacy is being compromised in an environment that is
supposed to be safeguarded goodness knows what liberties are being taken
in the outside. or "in the wild"

Granted there are those that would abuse the cloak or privacy/anonymity
but by the same token there are definite cases in which privacy should
not be compromised by the state in the name of"protecting people" when
it appears that the opposite could well be the case, i.e. private lives
( or aspects thereof) are being surreptitiously viewed by voyeuristic
people in positions of trust

https://www.eff.org/deeplinks/2014/11/when-time-comes-we-need-be-ready-fight-tpps-secret-anti-user-agenda