[bsidesclt] Re: BSides planning

  • From: Heather Pilkington <h.pilkington@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bsidesclt@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 26 Aug 2012 20:38:31 -0400

I am not suggesting the conference space is bad. I think it's good. But, I
have not been involved in any of the talk up to this point, and I don't
know whether other alternatives have been considered, or if the conference
space is the way you have decided to go.

Since it sounds like the conference space is not finalized (or might have
cost considerations), here are some other suggestions:

Victory Lane indoor Karting center
http://www.eventective.com/USA/North+Carolina/Charlotte/49368/Victory-Lane-Indoor-Karting-Center.html

Carowinds (they have some meeting areas - unsure about cost)

There are multiple bars and restaurants that I can think of which would
have space - you would have to provide your own audio/visual though, and
you would want to get the day rates rather than the evening rates.

You could rent a sizeable camp site for the speedway and do an outdoor
event (would have to aim for scheduling for weather - but you could get
outdoor awnings, etc) http://www.charlottemotorspeedway.com/camping/ They
also have tours of the speedway if people are interested in that sort of
thing, plus a NASCAR hall of fame tour.

You could see if the hacker space would let you have the meeting there.