[bookport] Re: question need help

  • From: "David Allen" <wd8ldy@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bookport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 7 Nov 2005 15:22:37 +1300

Hi Rose and list:

I have seen mention of people having problems connecting via hubs on the list. But my own experience is similar to yours. When I first got the book port, I plugged it in direct because I used no other USB devices on this machine. As that changed, I adapted by going through a hub. I'm sure there is probably some small decrease in transfer speed with this, but not enough to quibble about. Hubs can be problematic but mine has worked fine. Better knock on wood before it stops. *lol*

Cheers,
Dave