[bksvol-discuss] Re: please more submits so I can proof read

  • From: Rogerbailey81@xxxxxxx
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 15 Mar 2009 15:33:46 EDT

I think that is exactly why there are now so few books on the download list.
It is not because there are so many proofreaders. It is because there are a
few proofreaders who are not proofreading. I have identified at least two of
them who regularly check out books and check them in within minutes and they
seem
to do it on a daily basis. In the earlier discussion about the many hold fors
I was leaning toward the anti hold for camp because they made it difficult to
browse for books to proofread that were not spoken for. Now I am beginning to
think that holding a book for someone is the only way to ensure that it is
properly proofread. I cannot really think of a solution except maybe requiring
all proofreaders to be on this list so the rest of us can shame them into doing
their job. However, that is not the best solution either because I myself
have considered on occasion unsubscribing because the traffic is so heavy. I
don't think that requiring the proofreader to keep the book a few days will
work
because if one has no interest in doing the work one will just let it sit a few
days and then upload it. One thing I did was to submit a book late at night.
I did that last night with a Helen Keller book I just scanned. It seems that
if a book is submitted late at night it has a better chance of staying on the
list for a little while so that someone who might be interested in it might see
it.

                  "Philosophers have merely interpreted the world in various
ways; the point is to change it." Karl Marx

table with 2 columns and 6 rows
Subj:
[bksvol-discuss] Re: please more submits so I can proof read
Date:
3/15/2009 3:01:26 PM Eastern Daylight Time
From:
guidingpaws@xxxxxxxxx
To:
bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Sent from the Internet
(Details)
table end

The two books i submitted earlier today have already been accepted into the
collection! *shakes head*  Both books were over 300 pages and were checked in,
in the case of one, less than an hour after I submitted it.

*sigh* I try guys, really I do. This is the kind of situation that makes me
 wish books couldn't  be checked in the same day they're checked out.

*sigh*

I hope they're ok...

Natasha and Guide Dog Fossey
Check out my books on Goodreads:
http://www.goodreads.com/profile/guidingpaws ;

"Footsteps in the snow
suggest where you have been,
Point where you are going,
But where they suddenly vanish,
Never dismiss the possibility of flight."
  ~Book of Night With Moon, ch. 11, V. 3
     ~ as quoted in A Wizard Alone, by Diane Duane

A Good Credit
Score is 700 or Above. See yours in just 2 easy steps!
(http://pr.atwola.com/promoclk/100126575x1220439616x1201372437/aol?redir=http:%2F%2Fwww.freecreditrep
ort.com%2Fpm%2Fdefault.aspx%3Fsc%3D668072%26hmpgID%3D62%26bcd%3Dfebemailfooter
NO62)