[bksvol-discuss] Re: please more submits so I can proof read

  • From: Rogerbailey81@xxxxxxx
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 15 Mar 2009 21:24:58 EDT

She either respects the holds or she is too out of it to realize that she
could get away with not respecting them. Either way, though, that is why I
think
that your idea of a hold for code would work. It is a shame too, because, if
you will recall, I was one of those who was complaining about all the holds
because they are so frustrating for those of us who are browsing for something
proofread that is up for grabs and I am sure that this proposal will just
increase the frustration for a new proofreader who may be perfectly
conscientious
and for even long time proofreaders who are not on this list, but what else
is to be done? It is just basically unfair for jiffy proofreaders to deplete
the download list like that.

                  "Philosophers have merely interpreted the world in various
ways; the point is to change it." Karl Marx

table with 2 columns and 6 rows
Subj:
[bksvol-discuss] Re: please more submits so I can proof read
Date:
3/15/2009 8:42:07 PM Eastern Daylight Time

From:
mirxtech@xxxxxxxxx
To:
bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Sent from the Internet
(Details)
table end

I used to love the system where a person could just browse the step 1 list
and choose a book but that doesn't seem to be working anymore, so I would
prefer,
too, to have a specific person I could do a "hold for" when I submit. But not
every book seems to have an interested proofreader. That's the only reason
I was thinking that if you did a "hold for Reader" that at least a person who
is going to read it would take it. I see that the 20 minute proofreader
doesn't
take the books I put up with holds, so at least that person respects the
holds.

Of course, it may not work and if it does work it may not work for long.

Everyone who knows me knows I do NOT read every word of every book I submit.
I do check the scan as it OCRs and I do page through the file but I know
that's
not enough to catch every error and there is no good way for Bookshare to say
you haven't spent enough time working on this proofread because then the
person could just hang onto the file for a couple more hours and then upload
it anyway.

Without the requirement that you have to read the proofread, I don't think
there is a good solution but maybe we can come up with something, anything, as
a work around?

--
Jamie in Michigan
Currently Reading: Lost: The Search for Six of Six Million by Daniel

steps!
(http://pr.atwola.com/promoclk/100126575x1220439616x1201372437/aol?redir=http:%2F%2Fwww.freecreditreport.com%2Fpm%2Fdefault.aspx%3Fsc%3D668072%26hmpgID
%3D62%26bcd%3DfebemailfooterNO62)