[bksvol-discuss] Re: please more submits so I can proof read

  • From: Rogerbailey81@xxxxxxx
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 15 Mar 2009 20:53:30 EDT

I suspect that when the links to the proofreader's proofread books is fixed
we will see that she has enough credits to pay for many memberships. Let me
check with you, though, to see if you have noticed the same pattern I have. She
seems to strike in the afternoon eastern time, especially late afternoon, and
she grabs whichever book has been most recently uploaded. That is why I got the
idea that submitting late at night would be a way to tend to evade her. In
fact, The book I submitted late last night, Helen Keller, is still there as of
few minutes ago. I suppose it has something to do with her personal schedule.
Have you noticed the same pattern or similar pattern?

By the way, let me follow up on the suggestion that a hold for code would be
a bad idea because the jiffy proofreaders might be lurkers here. If that is
the case then nothing is lost. They already grab uncoded submissions anyway so
the worst thing that could happen is that it would have no effect and it just
might help. Also, there is really nothing that keeps them from checking out a
hold for book anyway and just removing the hold for before checking it in, so I
tend to think that they must have at least some sense of ethics. Either that
or they are too stupid to know that they could do that.

                  "Philosophers have merely interpreted the world in various
ways; the point is to change it." Karl Marx

table with 2 columns and 6 rows
Subj:
[bksvol-discuss] Re: please more submits so I can proof read
Date:
3/15/2009 8:38:04 PM Eastern Daylight Time
From:
mirxtech@xxxxxxxxx
To:
bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Sent from the Internet
(Details)
table end

Yes, E., that is the person who keeps taking my submissions and then checking
them in usually 18 to 20 minutes later. I don't know why she would do this.
I know some are children's books that are shorter, but she's also done books
I've submitted which are over 200 pages long in 18 to 20 minutes.

I would gladly give her the credits to pay for a membership or renewal if
that is her reason for doing this.
--
Jamie in Michigan
Currently Reading: Lost: The Search for Six of Six Million by Daniel

steps!
(http://pr.atwola.com/promoclk/100126575x1220439616x1201372437/aol?redir=http:%2F%2Fwww.freecreditreport.com%2Fpm%2Fdefault.aspx%3Fsc%3D668072%26hmpg
ID%3D62%26bcd%3DfebemailfooterNO62)