[bksvol-discuss] Re: please more submits so I can proof read

  • From: Jamie Yates <mirxtech@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 15 Mar 2009 20:41:55 -0400

I used to love the system where a person could just browse the step 1 list
and choose a book but that doesn't seem to be working anymore, so I would
prefer, too, to have a specific person I could do a "hold for" when I
submit. But not every book seems to have an interested proofreader. That's
the only reason I was thinking that if you did a "hold for Reader" that at
least a person who is going to read it would take it. I see that the 20
minute proofreader doesn't take the books I put up with holds, so at least
that person respects the holds.

Of course, it may not work and if it does work it may not work for long.

Everyone who knows me knows I do NOT read every word of every book I submit.
I do check the scan as it OCRs and I do page through the file but I know
that's not enough to catch every error and there is no good way for
Bookshare to say you haven't spent enough time working on this proofread
because then the person could just hang onto the file for a couple more
hours and then upload it anyway.

Without the requirement that you have to read the proofread, I don't think
there is a good solution but maybe we can come up with something, anything,
as a work around?

--
Jamie in Michigan
Currently Reading: Lost: The Search for Six of Six Million by Daniel