[bksvol-discuss] Re: The down side of this page break thing

  • From: socly@xxxxxxxxx
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 12 Nov 2004 13:30:13 -0500

Dave, what are the titles of the books? Maybe I'll add them to my list of
things to do, if they're something I don't mind reading and I can get them from
the library. I don't mind putting in page breaks as I'm reading -- and
sometimes the size of the font and the paragraphing has to be changed to make
the scanned page agree with the book's page. A long time ago people said they
preferred when lines were skipped between paragraphs, but, especially in books
where there is a lot of dialogue, that doesn't work; in order to agree with the
book's page, the paragraphs have to be indented. Also, sometimes the scanned
book has too wide margins and that throws the pagination off. I can change the
margins and the font to make the scanned book agree with the book itself.

However,I'm not brave enough to tackle another book like the Social and
Cultural History of Medieval Italy (grin) --though it was interesting to a
point.

From: talmage@xxxxxxxxxx
To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [bksvol-discuss] Re: The down side of this page break thing