[bksvol-discuss] Re: The down side of this page break thing

  • From: talmage@xxxxxxxxxx
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 12 Nov 2004 16:35:52 -0500

Hi Mike,

The second recommendation is a good one for Openbook users as well. After having issues with spaces and punctuation when using Openbook and trying to save the files as RTF or DOC files during an ongoing project, I've since saved my scans as .ARK files until I'm done and only converted to RTF prior to uploading.

Dave

At 03:58 PM 11/12/2004, you wrote:

Follow up to my question:

Stephen Baum, on the K1000 list, suggested 2 things:

(1)  Upgrade from K1000 9.0 to the online update.  This reduces the
problem dramatically according to his comments.

(2)  Work on the file as a .kes file only saving it as a .rtf when one is
finished.  Those artificial pages are inserted, according to Stephen, only
when K1000 actually opens the .rtf file.
Hence, do not open that .rtf file in K1000 prior to uploading it back to
BookShare.