[bksvol-discuss] Re: The down side of this page break thing

  • From: Mike Pietruk <pietruk@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 12 Nov 2004 15:46:56 -0500 (EST)

Sarah

When scanning with K1000, I am guessing that this is a non-issue if one
chooses correctly the one or two page setting dependent on how they're
scanning the book.  Am I correct in this assumption?

On the validating side:  I now have a .kes book which reports 233 pages.
However, I discovered that, when I was going to reupload it, I had to
convert it into .rtf.
No problem, I though, as K1000 can easily do that.  But the rub is that it
reports 425 pages likely due to that's how it would lay if printed out.
So, from the standpoint of returning this book to BookShare, how does one
proceed?
If returned "as is" in the .rtf format, will a bookshare reader be told
that the book is 233 or 425 pages long.
If the latter, at the moment, this would still meet Marissa's guidelines
but certainly report erroneous info to the reader.

I'd be interested in knowing how experienced validators deal with this
kind of situation and how, if they chose to remove them, how would they
identify the 192 erroneous page breaks from the 233 correct ones and
quickly expunge them?