[bksvol-discuss] Re: The Broker--strengths and weaknesses

  • From: Pam Quinn <quinns@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 17 Jan 2005 16:46:01 -0600

Well I would like to make a motion that bookshare abandon the
stripper. It doesn't always remove garbled headings anyway which are
more annoying that headings which are intact, and when chapter
headings are removed, the books appear to be one long chapter. Those
of us who want headings removed can easily do so on our own once the
books are in our hands. Right now it would seem that what the stripper
succeeds in doing is making books inferior to what they were when they
were submitted, and the opposite should be the case. In the meantime,
all we can do is try to defeat the stripper when submitting books.

Pam