[bksvol-discuss] Re: The Broker--strengths and weaknesses

  • From: "Mary Otten" <maryotten@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 17 Jan 2005 15:07:54 -0600

Shelly, retention of chapter headings is not always as easy as it should be. I
just discovered, to my disgust, that even the careful stripper in k1k sometimes
takes chapter headings with it. I have an almost perfect book
here that could be submitted. I read it through and fixed a few errors along
the way, so I know the text is as good as it gets when proofread with speech.
No junk characters. The whole book is there. But the stripper
took even chapter headings for some reason I don't understand. Now, I'm not
going to put those back. I don't have the book any more. So, I have two
choices. Submit the book and let people have access to
excellent quality text, or never mind. I've read it after all, so its not going
to matter to me. And if the next guy wants the book, he/she can just scan it
him/herself.  I'm tempted to submit with a note saying that the
chapter headings got stripped. But I haven't decided, given the present trend,
at least on this list, with respect to the seeming over-arching import of such
things.
mary