[bksvol-discuss] Re: The Broker--strengths and weaknesses

  • From: "Mary Otten" <maryotten@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 17 Jan 2005 15:29:02 -0600

It will be tough to implement a no stripping policy, unless they say that a
book submitted with no headers must be rejected. Don't think that'll happen.
<smile>
I'd really like to see BookShare be able to come up with a really intelligent
stripper that can accurately deal with running headers. Leaving them all in all
the time is just too much of an over reaction in my view.
Remember, NLS books, the sort we all grew up with if we've been blind that
long, do not inflict running headers on readers; nor should BookShare.
Mary