[birdky] Schochoh, Logan Co., weekend list

  • From: "Debby & Steve Tyson" <tyson9152@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'BIRDKY'" <birdky@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 27 Jul 2014 20:50:54 -0500

We counted 37 species and included some birds we had been missing lately.  A
pair of Blue Grosbeaks was present in the pond thicket all weekend and
acting "nesty".  Two Yellow Warblers were also hanging out in the same
thicket all weekend (for the second consecutive week).  A pair of Bluebirds
are here and acting like they feel at home!  The Wood Pewee and Great
Crested made for an unusual three-flycatcher weekend.  We missed Red-bellied
Woodpecker, Red-tailed Hawk, House Sparrow and our Purple Martins are gone.

Stephen Tyson, Schochoh, Logan Co., KY

Species Name:

Northern Bobwhite

Turkey Vulture