[birdky] Schochoh, Logan Co. weekend list

  • From: "Debby & Steve Tyson" <tyson9152@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <birdky@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 10 Jul 2011 20:27:04 -0500

I haven't reported lately, though there's been a lot of bird activity here.
We counted 32 species this weekend, which is pretty high for the summer
birding doldrums.  Our highlight was a Cooper's Hawk being harassed by a
posse of birds that included Purple Martins,  Red-winged Blackbirds and
Kingbirds (early Saturday morning).  We also saw a Red-headed Woodpecker
this evening, for the first time in many months.

American Goldfinch

American Robin

Barn Swallow

Blue Jay

Brown Thrasher

Brown-headed Cowbird

Carolina Wren

Chimney Swift

Chipping Sparrow

Common Grackle

Common Starling

Cooper's Hawk

Downy Woodpecker

Eastern Bluebird

Eastern Kingbird

Eastern Meadowlark

Eurasian Collared Dove

House Finch

House Sparrow

Mourning Dove

Northern Bobwhite

Northern Cardinal

Northern Mockingbird

Purple Martin

Red-bellied Woodpecker

Red-headed Woodpecker

Red-winged Blackbird

Ruby-throated Hummingbird

Song Sparrow

Tufted Titmouse

Turkey Vulture

White-breasted Nuthatch

Stephen Tyson, Adairville (Schochoh), Logan Co., KY