Badges - Re: A Question For Everyone

  • From: Bob Creech <bobkansas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: badges@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 29 Aug 2011 21:14:44 -0500

Yes, I feel safer. All of the nonsense aside, in regards to safety and how I perceive it, I think we're much better off today than 10 years ago.

In my most recent position I flew around the country a lot, and truthfully I never saw the big deal about how TSA conducts their business. Sure they have bone heads, every profession does. But all in all I think it's a better system than before 9/11, and I am pretty confident that it will be more difficult to take weapons or explosives on to an aircraft now, and certainly most employees at the various airlines are more aware/better trained. So I for one do feel safer traveling now.

Its kind of like a ballistics vest... it won't stop everything, but it sure
helps.

Bob

On 8/29/2011 8:10 PM, CarlGlas@xxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
As we approach the tenth anniversary of the tragedy of September 11, 2001, I have a question to ask of each
of you.

With the creation of Homeland Security, the Transportation Security Administration, and all the other federal agencies that were created with the intentions of making us all feel safer, do you?

Do you feel any safer or secure today than you did on September 10, 2001?

The Badges Law Enforcement Discussion Group - Est. 1997