Badges - Re: A Question For Everyone

  • From: Charles Rahn <c.t.rahn@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: Badges 1Badge <badges@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 31 Aug 2011 01:00:41 -0400

The federales take our gun and cell phone when we go into the federal
courthouse here in Orlando.
Gator

From: SWColony@xxxxxxx
Date: Tue, 30 Aug 2011 16:29:25 -0400
Subject: Badges - Re: A Question For Everyone
To: badges@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

CD,
That varies greatly depending on what federal facility you are
visiting.  The Federal Building where my office is located allows any law
enforcement officers to carry their weapon inside the facility.  Some
federal courthouses even allow it.  There is no hard and fast rule.
Russell

In a message dated 8/30/2011 1:43:53 P.M. Central Daylight Time,
cd2u@xxxxxxxxxxx writes:

  attended an event last Friday with the U. S. Dept. of Labor, put on in the
San
  Francisco Federal building. Going in at 0830, I ID’d myself and told the
  security I was carrying a weapon. The early morning crew let me right through
  without a problem. A group of us then left at noon for a tour of an offsite
  facility. When we returned, we had to repeat the screening process. This time
  the day time crew was on duty and the supervisor for the building (Federal
  Protection Services) happened to be standing in the lobby next to the Dept.
of
  Labor reception desk.  The uniform
  FPS guys took my ID and told her that I had been in the earlier meeting and
  was returning from the tour. She basically said no way I was getting back in
  with my weapon. The uniform guys then suggested I go check my weapon at the
  California Superior Court located across the street and one of FPS guys
walked
  over with me to do it. He was telling me that since the shootings at Federal
  buildings (Las Vegas particularly), they don’t even let the retired Feds (FBI
  etc.) come into the building armed. (The private security contractors working
  the early morning shift apparently didn’t know this little piece of
  information.) With all the discussion that occurred my second time in, this
  either hadn’t occurred since the policy was instituted (for the security
  contractors) or the policy hadn’t been communicated to them properly when it
  was instituted.  I do have to
  commend the FPS guys who really did accommodate me. They could have simply
  told me I wasn’t getting back in with a weapon and not bothered with me any
  further.

  So
  all you Feds on the list, it appears the fun goes away once you retire.

  CD