Badges - Re: A Question For Everyone

  • From: "William Taylor" <usms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <badges@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 29 Aug 2011 22:47:18 -0400

Mike, that wasn't the question I didn't think.  Should all LEO's be
permitted carriage on an airplane?  I don't know the answer to that. The
question was do I feel safer now than before, before when you couldn't carry
a weapon on an aircraft and I could, so that part hasn't changed. I feel
safer because the remainder of the plane's passengers are not going to let
some idiot with a box cutter take over the plane and would gang beat the
terrorist into the deck no matter how many got cut doing so. That for me is
the difference and that is why I feel safer. Not because of anything the TSA
is doing in the US and certainly not for what the other countries are doing
for flights coming in. When I get on a plane with my weapon,  I always look
around for the guys I feel like I could count on if something bad happened
and I always find some that I am certain would be right there with me if I
had to do something.
Bill