[audio-pals] Update

  • From: "Josh" <lawdog911@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <audio-pals@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 10 Mar 2015 21:20:58 -0400

Well, I put it at the bottom of the introduction to Neesie, but her in the
last week we have been inches away from placing an offer on two different
houses. The first one my dad kind of steered us away from it because the
foundation was almost on the ground this house sat so low to the ground.
Most houses have at least a 2 ft. clearance around here and this one my dad
could not have even gotten under the house on his stomach. So, that put the
vents that are under the house close to the ground as well, when it rains
the likelihood of it going into the vents is high and we do not want water
under the house. It seemed like a beautiful home though otherwise. The part
I liked most about it was the log cabin style sun room that was on the back
of the house. In addition to the low foundation it also had so many trees in
the yard that it prevented any grass from growing where the ground was clear
in the backyard. So, both times we went outside we brought mud back in with
us. I still to this day would love to have been able to in good conscience
put an offer on the house. However, the headaches that are likely to occur
with this home are not worth it. I know this will be a shocker to hear, but
my real estate agent and I exchanged words over this house *LOL*. She was
being pretty insistent on us buying this house, she said we are makinga
mistake. She kept saying we are making a mistake. I told her well then I
guess we are making a mistake. She said I have shown you all 20 houses and
this one you all loved. I felt like telling her that this is a clear example
of why love at first sight is not lasting *LOL*. However, I did not. What I
did tell her since she wanted to throw up the fact that she has shown us 20
houses was yes she has shown us 20 houses, but I cannot figure out why out
of 20 houses she has shown us we have only been excited about and ready to
put an offer on 1. I told her out of all the houses in Knoxville I cannot
imagine that the house she is insisting that we buy is the only one that we
will like in Knoxville. The next time we saw her she was more on the ball
than she had been being. In fact always in the pat she has said about any
questions we have I will find out for you when I get back to the office.
However, last night she made calls and got answers for us before we left.
She was a lot more sociable last night as well. I think she knows that she
was very close to losing out on  some money and even mor concerned about the
bad advertisement it could cause for her. I ended the phone call with her by
telling her that I understand that she is getting tired, but she knows our
criteria and we are going to continue looking. The house last night was
almost 20,000 less than the house that she was pushing on us. We loved a lot
about the house. However, Amanda and I did not feel like this one was the
one. One of the major things that concerned me was the fact there was no
attic and there was no basement. The layout was nice though. It had a huge
deck and French doors that opened up onto it from the master. It also had
French doors that opened up from the dining room onto the deck. However,
there was cracks all throughout the house and our real estate agent told me
today before we decided to place an offer on the house that she noticed a
crack on the foundation in a few different places. My dad said that could be
remedied, but I do not know how much of a headache that is going to be. So,
foundational problems kocked it out of the considerations. It wassitting on
flat land right across the street from the elementary school so that was
really nice. If the offer that has been placed on it falls through then we
may go back and consider it later once we have some time to think about it.
So, that is where we are in the house buying journey. It seems as though
everyone wants a rancher because we have had several that we have set up to
go and look at only to have the agent call us back and tell us that it has
sold or pending sell.